As the schoolyear ends, children will be spending more time at home. This is a fun time to create special, family memories, but it can also be challenging to adapt to the new schedule. Kids are energetic and coming up with activities to keep them entertained and engaged can be tough for parents. But, don’t worry! We came up with seven ideas to keep the whole family occupied.
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast: It’s so easy to skip breakfast, but it’s the most important meal of the day. Avoid skipping breakfast to create a consistent eating schedule for the family. Plus, a healthy breakfast provides the essential nutrients children need for a healthy start to their day.
- Learn a TikTok dance/challenge together: We’ve all seen the fun TikTok dance challenge videos that always seem to go viral! They’re fun, and they get you actively moving. It’s the perfect time to learn a TikTok dance with your child, film it, and post it. This is a great bonding opportunity! Plus, dancing helps improve cardiorespiratory fitness, reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety, and helps improve cardiorespiratory fitness.
- Plan a family movie night: Pop your popcorn, get your snacks, and enjoy movie night with your family. Five must-sees for the whole family include Jumanji, Matilda, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Mary Poppins, and Star Wars. Fun fact: The Netflix film Blue Miracle is loosely based on a story about a group of kids from our Casa Herbalife Nutrition partner in Mexico, Casa Hogar.
- Start a scavenger hunt for your kid(s): Hide 10-20 items around the house and ask your children to hunt them down. This fun activity will keep your kids entertained for hours.
- Visit a virtual museum for free: This activity is fun, informational and FREE! Check our the Google Arts and Culture website for an opportunity to visit more than 1,200 museums virtually.
- Encourage creative and artistic endeavors: Art is a great way to express creativity. Download and print a few nutrition-inspired coloring books here.
- Prepare meals together as a family: There are many benefits of cooking with children, including developing an appreciation for healthy foods, encouraging kids to try new foods, and encouraging family bonding time. Check out the Herbalife Nutrition Foundation’s Facebook page to view a few fun and easy family recipes.