Thank you to everyone who submitted their favorite recipes that featured healthy and delicious fruits and vegetables! There were quite a few tasty concoctions shared, and we had the tough task of selecting just two of our very favorites!
Take a look below and whip up something special soon!
Fruit-Based Recipe Selection:
From: Clarissa S.
Recipe: Deviled Strawberries
A fresh take on the classic recipe typically using eggs, this unique formula from Clarissa caught our eye as a sweet but nutritious treat featuring fresh strawberries!
- Clean and wash your strawberries
- Pat with a paper towel to remove excess water
- Cut strawberries in half lengthwise along the stem, and slice a small part of the rounded side of the strawberries so that they can sit flat.
- Use a melon baller or teaspoon to scoop a small bowl in the inside part of the strawberry
- Cheesecake filling is combined in a bowl, whisking greek yogurt, cream cheese and your favorite protein supplement until well-mixed. Add in extra strawberry from scooping out the spots for the filling if desired.
- Once you’ve made the filling a smooth consistency, scoop the filling into the strawberries, chill until ready to serve!
Veggie-Based Recipe Selection:
From: Rana D.
Recipe: Refreshing fava bean salad
Rana sent us this recipe featuring nutrient-dense beans, fresh veggies, and a tart and refreshing dressing perfect for these extra-hot summer days (no stovetop required!)
- Drain and rinse: one can of whole Fava beans, one can of whole chickpeas, add to large mixing bowl
- Dice one whole tomato (roma, heirloom – whichever you choose!)
- Finely chop a sprig of parsley
- Dice a whole cucumber
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix ¼ cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, one tablespoon olive oil. Add in additional herbs and spices as desired, mix well.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl, stir thoroughly to ensure liquids coat your tomato, cucumber and beans.
- Serve chilled for the most refreshing meal or snack! For meal prep, keep ingredients separate until you’re ready to eat and mix right before serving.